Tuesday, July 05, 2005

More Ceremonies

Tuesday 5 July, 2005: Rukoh Village, Syiah Kuala

OK, I’m definitively going to have to get the flowered hat. Not just because I feel like a head of state, but because this sun is so blinding. My face is fried thanks to two more Cash for Work opening ceremonies. Don’t get me wrong, I am ecstatic that things are going well and I enjoy each one, but standing in the 110 degree sun with sweat dripping down my face and into every crack and crevice of my body can be quite annoying.

Really though, things are going well. It’s great to see the villagers so excited about working. Now the hard part comes… we have to figure out all the paying and make sure that that goes smoothly… they are working, but the people are going to want their money. Dedy’s doing great though and I’m confident that we will have a smooth transition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home